Innovafeed contributes to the construction of a sustainable food system by developing a pioneering and innovative industry: the breeding and processing of insects (Hermetia Illucens fly). Innovafeeds mission is:
- To have a positive overall environmental impact based on circular economy and inspired by natural food chains;
- To generate territorial economic dynamism : in order to feed and raise our larvaes, we are co-located with agro-industrial partners that provide us with co-products and low footprint energy.
Incorporated in 2016, Innovafeed manufactures and sells 3 different insect-based products:
- For a high-quality aquaculture respectful of animals’ natural diets, insect protein is obviously the best fish feed, particularly for salmon and trout that you would fly fish in a river!
- For a sustainable farming respectful of animal welfare, insect oil is efficient for feeding animals like poultry and pig
- For a regenerative agriculture respectful of soils’ integrity, insects feces are leveraged as an efficient organic fertilizer
The success of our project depends on a dynamic and talented team. We opened the first production site in Gouzeaucourt (Hauts-de-France) in 2017. We launched our second production site in Nesle (Somme) at the end of 2020: and it is 20x times larger than Gouzeaucourt! To finance this scale-up, we have raised more than €150 M, through prestigious investors like Creadev, Temasek, business angels but also local and regional financial supports.