Vice President Sales - Aquaculture
Rimfrost is a global player and home of krill innovation to the aquaculture, human nutrition and pet food industry. They are building their team to develop new markets and explore further possibilities within these segments. Rimfrost has world-class competency in their field of expertise. They invest substantially in science and their people. Working with Rimfrost means you are joining a team of highly skilled experts within their fields.
Due to the interest of the aquaculture industry in Rimfrost's product portfolio, they are seeking a growth-minded VP of Sales - Aquaculture to drive commercial activities. This role is a key position for Rimfrost with great responsibility and opportunities. This position would report to the Executive VP of Aquaculture.
The right candidate has several years of sales experience in the aquaculture feed industry and/or hands on experience in fish or shrimp farming. This person will be a true team player who sees opportunities and generates growth through collaboration and relationship-based sales. The right candidate appreciates an inclusive and diverse workplace and is passionate about making a difference within feed ingredients in the aquaculture industry.
Rimfrost is headquartered in Ålesund, Norway. This position can be a remote. Some international business travel will be required.
Experience and skills:
- A commercial mindset that continuously seeks new opportunities, thrives in selling and negotiating
- A well established network and experience within the aquaculture industry
- A good understanding of feed ingredients and the ability to communicate knowledge effectively
- Adept at taking the initiative, make things happen and take responsibility for the results
- Ability to handle unexpected situations and adapt accordingly
- A completed relevant masters or bachelors degree
Main tasks and responsibility:
- Sales of krill products to the aquaculture industry globally
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key business partners and customers
- Follow up on customers, key interests and their projects along the entire value chain
- Preparation and adherence to sales/ customer plans, budgets, fairs etc
- Segmentation of customers and countries for focused sales efforts
- Actively contribute to the development of Rimfrost's aquaculture strategy
- Take an active part in project and business development within aquaculture
- Generate ideas for creating value-added products, solutions and business models
- Take an active part in the company's strategic, administrative and operational plans
- Contribute to Rimfrost’s aquaculture marketing initiatives
- Coordination and collaboration with logistics department to ensure delivery pricing, including affiliates
- Participate in leading trade shows and conferences within the industry
- Competitor monitoring and knowledge of industry development
To be successful in this role:
You come across as very confident and self-assured even in unfamiliar situations and groups. You feel at ease during presentations and formal events. As a person, you are talkative, lively and sociable. You execute plans with commitment and determination, and you achieve high-quality results. Last but not least, you produce fresh, imaginative ideas and solutions and like to break away from tradition.
It is important that you care to follow procedures and always respect rules and regulations and to see jobs through to the end and pay close attention to quality issues. We are looking for a person who quickly grasps complex issues and problems and evaluates information thoroughly. You set ambitious and demanding targets, enjoy working with concepts, models and strategies, and enjoy difficult challenges.
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position
- A work environment characterized by a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers and the company
- A competitive remuneration package
- Modern facilities
- The opportunity to work remotely if desired