In reflection of Benchmark Genetics’ leading position and continued expansion in the global salmon egg markets, we seek candidates for a new position as Head of Breeding Programs Salmon for developing the company’s salmon genetics resources. This senior position offers a unique opening for a motivated candidate to join a global leader in the salmon genetics field with extensive activities and numerous other major farmed aquaculture species.
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Lead the development of Benchmark Genetics’ global Atlantic salmon resources
- Coordination of Benchmark’s three salmon breeding programs with nucleus operations in Norway, Iceland, and Chile
- Preparing and managing central budgets
- Work in close collaboration with Benchmark Genetics’ core genetics, commercial, and production teams to ensure optimal dissemination of high-quality salmon eggs to the global markets.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Extensive leadership and team management experience
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of selective breeding program operations
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent people and teamwork skills
- Analytical skills
- Genuine interest in sustainable aquaculture productions
- Comfortable with working with colleagues in a variety of international locations
- Flexible and able to travel nationally and internationally as required
Application deadline: 31st of October.
Submissions: Send cover letter, CV, and contact details of two references
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for personal interviews.
For informal inquiries, please contact:
Dr. Morten Rye, Director of Genetics
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Cell: +47 95213271