An exciting and versatile position as a fisheries scientist is available in the demersal department of the Faroe Marine Research Institute situated in the Faroese capital, Thorshavn.
The position is available for 12 months starting 1st January 2023.
The position includes the following tasks:
- Scientific work on the Research vessel Jákup Sverri and other vessels.
- Investigate spatial distribution, biology and ecology of demersal fish in Faroese waters and in those areas where the Faroese fisheries industry operates.
- Conduct stock assessments of demersal fish.
- Data analysis and report writing.
- Participate in national and international scientific projects.
- Cooperate and provide advice to the fisheries industry and governmental authorities.
Applicants are required to hold a master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology from a university or similar ranking institution. Good collaboration skills are also required.
The salary is in accordance with the agreement between the Faroese Academic Union and the Faroese Financial Ministry.
Applications and copies of relevant documents, including a CV and academic certificates should be sent by email to: email@example.com before 9th December 2022.
For further information please contact:
Petur Steingrund, Head of Demersal Department – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marita Rasmussen, Director – email: email@example.com - tel. 35 39 00