Grieg Seafood ASA delivers sustainable, healthy seafood to people worldwide. Aquaculture and fish farming are exciting and challenging businesses full of opportunities. Through growth and in the face of several new projects, we are now looking to strengthen our legal team. Are you a lawyer interested in getting to know the aquaculture sector from the inside? As part of our legal team, you will be an essensial part of our central organisation, and you get to play a crucial role in ensuring Grieg Seafood's mission and values.
Note that the position is initially temporary with a duration of two years. However, we emphasize the high chances of being offered a permanent position.
Grieg Seafood ASA
Legal Counsel / Senior Legal Counsel
Heltid / Deltid:
Sosial deling :
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assessing and advising on corporate decisions and operating risks, including commercial and employment matters.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external counsel, as well as external relationships with partners, regulators, customers and suppliers.
- Contact with public authorities, reviewing administrative acts as well as assessment of and drafting legal remedies/appeals.
- Drafting, assessing, and negotiating commercial agreements (e.g. contracts with customer and supplier, R&D agreements, license agreements), including final sign-off prior execution.
- Involvement in and/or representation in legal proceedings (dispute resolution) , assessing procedural and commercial risk.
- Develop legal knowledge, processes, and expertise across the organization in collaboration with other teams.
- Corporate housekeeping as well as drafting and reviewing guidelines for the Grieg Seafood Group.
- Master of Laws.
- It is not mandatory to be admitted to the Norwegian BAR Association, but it will count as an advantage.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience from law firms, public authorities, or in-house.
- A solid legal knowledge and understanding of contract law.
- An excellent knowledge of general corporate and commercial law matters, and experience from negotiations.
- A commercial understanding. Experience from the aquaculture business is not a requirement but will be an advantage.
- Excellent Norwegian and English skills.
The right candidate will have a high degree of professional ethics and integrity and will demonstrate this in their decision making.
Adresse:C. Sundts gate 17, 5004 Bergen, Norge
Mari Haga Dyvik
Business Advisor, Garuda
Manager & Business Advisor, Garuda
About the company
Grieg Seafood ASA is one of the world's leading salmon farmers, with operations in Finnmark and Rogaland in Norway, and British Columbia and Newfoundland in Canada. Our headquarters is located in Bergen, Norway. More than 800 people are employed by the group globally. Grieg Seafood ASA values diversity and focuses on being an equal-opportunity employer. Grieg Seafood ASA is dedicated to providing healthy seafood to people worldwide while reducing our footprint and improving fish welfare. Sustainable farming practices are the foundation of Grieg Seafood ASA's operations. The lowest possible environmental impact and the best possible fish welfare is both an ethical responsibility and a driver of economic profitability. To learn more, please visit www.griegseafood.com.