Associate Professor within Aquaculture management, sustainability, and farming technology
The Department of Mechanical Engineering and Technology Management at the Faculty of Science and Technology has a vacancy as Associate Professor within Aquaculture. The position is full time and permanent.
The position is affiliated with the Technology Management section and will focus on management, sustainability, and farming technology within the aquaculture sector. The Faculty of Science and Technology at NMBU offers a master’s degree in industrial management, where aquaculture is one area of specialization. The faculty is also responsible for the management and technology subjects in bachelor and master’s degree programs within Aquaculture and Aquatic Food Production.
Aquaculture represents a focus area at NMBU where several faculties are involved. A common interfaculty platform is under development. This ensures a multidisciplinary approach to education and research and create a large scientific community within aquaculture.
The University has a good industrial network, with several Master and PhD students collaborating with the aquaculture industry. Examples of focus areas for research at the faculty recent years have been RAS, cage environment, digitalization, fish handling and sustainability much together with the industry.
The successful candidate is expected to teach and conduct research and development in the field of aquaculture and technology management. The candidate will also be included in the interfaculty development within aquaculture at the university.
REALTEK offers new academic staff an attractive onboarding package:
- If you are not already main supervisor for a PhD-student, you will be prioritized when distributing university funded PhD positions.
- You will get NOK 50.000 as start-up-funding for conference fee, travels, etc.
The main tasks for this position will be teaching and research within aquaculture, management, and technology.
Other tasks will be:
- Supervision of PhD and Master students
- Participation in the development of study programs at the faculty and at NMBU
- Participation in research projects and initiate new research projects within aquaculture management, sustainability, and technology
- Establishing collaborations - interdisciplinary and beyond campus
- Academic administration
Required Academic qualifications
- MSc and PhD in engineering in a relevant discipline
- Highly skilled in the field of aquaculture management and farming technology
- Documented skills in initiating and leading of innovation and research projects
- Documented industry and research network both nationally and internationally
- Documented educational competence using a “teaching portfolio” with a description of;
- Pedagogical qualifications, completed a programme of at least 200 hours and pedagogical experience
- Teaching-, pedagogical- and tutoring experience
- Basic teaching skills in planning, implementation, evaluation and development of teaching and supervision
Those who do not meet the educational requirements for employment shall be required to meet them within two years of employment. The required training will be provided by NMBU.
The following language skills are required:
Applicants are required to be proficient in Norwegian and English, both written and oral, to be able to participate actively in all functions the position may involve.
Candidates not fluent in Norwegian or a Scandinavian language (Danish or Swedish) will be committed to become fluent (level B2 or similar) in Norwegian within three years of employment.
Required personal skills:
- Genuine interest in teaching and interaction with students
- Demonstrated team spirit with good cooperative and communication skills
- Motivation for building a strong research group
- Motivation for participating in national and international networks of professionals
Personal suitability will be given weight.
NMBU wants more women in permanent scientific positions. Women are therefore encouraged to apply
Remuneration and further information
The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1011 Associate Professor, wage framework 24, salary grade 68-77 (NOK 626 100-752.800), depending on qualifications. Seniority Promotion in position.
Pursuant to the Personal Data Act, we will hereby notify you that the report of the expert committee will be sent to all applicants.
For further information, please contact:
Associate professor, Odd-Ivar Lekang, Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering and Technology Management, phone: +47 67 23 16 06, mobile: +47 95 87 66 09, e-mail: email@example.com
To apply online for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply for this job' button above. This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Application deadline: 10.01.2022
Up to ten publications selected by the applicant as most relevant must be attached to the application. If it is difficult to identify the contribution of the applicant in multiple-author publications, a short explanation about the applicant’s part of the work is suggested.
Applicants must also enclose documentation of their educational competence, called a “teaching portofolio”. See NMBU's guide for applicants and members of the expert committee for documentation and assessment of educational competence for a position as associate professor.
Printed material which cannot be sent electronically should be sent by surface mail to Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Faculty of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 5003, NO-1432 Ås, within 10.01.2022. Please quote reference number 21/05453.
Applicants invited for an interview will be asked to present verified copies of diplomas and certificates.
About The Faculty of Science and Technology
The Faculty of Science and Technology (REALTEK) develops research-based knowledge and educates civil engineers and lecturers needed to reach the UN's sustainability goals. We have approximately 150 employees, 70 PhD students and soon 1500 students. The education and research at REALTEK cover a broad spectrum of disciplines.
This includes data science, mechanics and process engineering, robotics, construction and architecture, industrial economics, environmental physics and renewable energy, geomatics, water and environmental engineering, applied mathematics as well as secondary school teacher education in natural sciences and use of natural resources such as in agriculture, forestry and aquaculture. The workplace is in Ås, 30 km from Oslo.